13 October 2008

Train dream

Don't remember all of the details.
Was at a museum maybe?
There were train tracks.
There was a steam locomotive.
I was with someone there, saw them there.
I was familiar with them, but did not really know them personally.
There was another person.
I was in the train while it was stopped, looking at it... museum style..
The familiar man was looking at it too, in the train.
The other man killed familiar man.
He was wounded.. fatally it seems.
He was hit around the midsection.
He staggered a step or two next to the tracks and fell.
His head and body on opposite sides of one rail.
The other man seemed to control the steam locomotive with a lever on the platform.
He started to move the train forward to decapitate familiar man.

I woke up, I do not recall if the train rolled over familiar man.

Neither man stood out as the "good guy"

The train was made in Germany.

I felt it was wrong to kill the first man. But not illegal.

I was not familiar with the other man.

I did not really grieve familiar man's death.
I woke up slightly distressed.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Chris,

This dream has really stayed with me since I first read it. So I've been praying about it. I really think this dream was about you.

I think this dream is about you dying to yourself and moving forward in the identity God has called for you. It is really a good dream.

A train usually represents a large movement of God. I think the man killed, was the image of who you have seen of yourself and the other man was the Holy Spirit. Think about how the man was killed, he was decapitated. He lost his ability to reason with man's logic. Remember, you were still on the train watching this. You saw this "familiar" man.

Think about where you are at right now. God is definately moving so much in you, and it is coming at a cost, death to your old self.

Don't know if this is a correct interpretation, but I think it is close.

Blessings!
Kathy