23 November 2008

Bad Dream

Had a bad dream last night.
Was going to fly to Puerto Rico with my mother.
She was ahead of me.

Somewhere between the terminal and gate, this guy asks me for my ticket, which was not in my hand. The ticket was in my inside jacket pocket, so I started looking for it.
He was older, with gray/white hair and he was taller than me. He got angry and told me to find my G**-D*** ticket. I got mad and slapped him.

He pulled me aside and radioed to other people. He looked at my passport and looked at a certain number on it - 35 - and made a comment that I'm lucky it wasn't 50.
Apparently 35 wasn't a great number either, and possibly referred to my likelihood of being suspect.
I think the range of numbers for that field is 0-50
I looked on my passport and saw the number 35, there was no label next to it.
Someone else came over to us and they both told me I'd have to go back through security and start over again.

They didn't explain well where I needed to go to start over, nor did they point to where to go.
I wandered back through the airport to find the end of the line.

My mom had already boarded the plane. I wasn't sure if I'd miss my flight. We were already short on time when we arrived at the airport.

I think by the end of the dream, I'd been allowed past the ticket-man, but by this time, I was waking up.

No comments: